EarthWhorls Celebrates the Art of the Accessory. Take 30% off of your total order with code: ACCESSORIZE
Choosing a piece of jewelry is such an indulgent and personal action. It’s indulgent because, well, we really don’t need jewelry. Unlike clothing which is required, in most places, jewelry is a choice. And it’s personal, because the piece I would choose would most likely be different than the piece you would choose. And, if we chose the same piece, it would more than likely be for different reasons. You might like the colors and I might like the texture. Whatever your reason, there are some real reasons why jewelry is so popular and has been, throughout the ages.
- Jewelry shows off our style and personality. It reflects something very intimate about us by defining our taste in a unique and artistic way.
- Jewelry adds life and light to our wardrobes. A simple black dress becomes a dressy statement with pearls or gemstone jewelry. But, adding a simple black and white African clay bead and sterling silver necklace, tones down the outfit and takes it into the realm of casual style.
- Jewelry, particularly earrings, are right there up against your face and give people an immediate vision of your style, taste and personality. Are you fun loving and bold or a bit on the demure side. Earrings are the giveaway jewelry design so, choose carefully!
- Jewelry, particularly bracelets, are the piece of jewelry that you wear mostly, for yourself. Bracelets feel good and you can glance down, anytime, and admire them. They move gracefully on your arm, shifting with the light, sending out sparkles and, if you stack them, there is also that wonderful “clinking” sound that appeals to yet another of our senses.
- Jewelry truly is a cost affective item. I know that’s going to be hard to explain to the man in your life but, here’s why. When I’m traveling, it is easier to take a few necklaces and bracelets and earrings than it is to bring four or five extra outfits. I can easily switch up the look of my wardrobe by changing the jewelry I’m wearing. Sometimes, when I’m doing something casual during the day and know I won’t have time to change before going out for the evening, I bring some different jewelry in my purse and switch it up as I turn on my “glam” side.
- Jewelry helps make a good impression. It’s amazing how truly noticeable our jewelry choices are to others. I’m ashamed to admit it but, there are many times I end up noticing a necklace or pair of earrings or beautiful bracelet before I glance up at a face. If I love what their wearing, I’ve probably already formed a fashion bond.
- Jewelry makes you feel better about yourself. In the beginning, going back to early man when stones and shells and bones were crafted into crude forms of jewelry, the sense of oneself was on display. Perhaps it made those early fashion gurus feel better about themselves or perhaps, it made them feel stronger or more powerful. Whatever the reason, wearing jewelry has a positive affect on us and those who interact with us.
- Jewelry shows off our best features. We can choose jewelry to accent a hairstyle or compliment the natural tone of our skin or, pick up the color of our eyes.
- Jewelry is versatile and “friendly.” It’s so easy to mix and match, wearing two or three necklaces that play well together. I particularly like to wear a stone and silver necklace with an all silver necklace, choosing different lengths so that there is a flow of color and sparkle.
- Jewelry provides comfort as well as “pizzazz” to our outfit and to our day. Sometimes when I’m stressed or feeling a bit frantic as I sit in traffic or a waiting room (hate even the name) I reach up and touch the stones I’m wearing, rubbing them against my fingers and it relaxes me. Being in touch with natural elements is not only a beautiful way of celebrating nature, it’s a beautiful and comforting way, of celebrating life!
SHOP SMALL! - Susan