How to Accessorize with One of a Kind, Handmade, Natural Stone and Sterling Silver Jewelry by EarthWhorls
My mom and my sister were both pros at accessorizing, especially with jewelry. They seemed to know exactly what pair of earrings would make the most strategic statement with that silk blouse or wool sweater. They seemed to have perfected the “art of the necklace” being able to choose the right color, style, length that would best accentuate the beauty and style of their outfit.
I, on the other hand, have come to accessorizing “in style” somewhat late in life. I discovered that jewelry is an important component in dressing to feel good, as well as look good! Here are some hints on how to accessorize with jewelry:
- Make sure the jewelry you choose matches the occasion. For example, when you head off to work, your jewelry should be subtle and leaning more towards a conservative approach. Smaller earrings, pearls or quiet colors seem to work best when going for that “professional” look.
- Never overdo! If you’re wearing a dynamite necklace, you might want to skip the earrings. Bracelets, by the way, are always in style and very often, “stacking” them lifts your look to new heights.
- Blend the colors of your jewelry with your outfit. People often think that they need to go for the big contrast when choosing a necklace, earrings, or bracelets to pair with a particular outfit. But, in general, colors that blend – gold with yellows and browns – silver with blacks, greys and blues – multi-colored gems with solid colors – seem to make the biggest and most beautiful, fashion impression.
- Mix & Match is a fun way to accessorize. A few different rings, that come together with a rhythmic balance, are always fun. A long silver necklace with a gemstone or natural stone or pearl necklace, is a fun statement as well.
- Try to match your choice of necklace to your neckline. A necklace that gets lost under the collar of your blouse, isn’t much of a fashion accessory. Make sure the length, color, and style of your necklace shows off your outfit to its best advantage while showing off itself, with confidence.
- And finally, following fashion trends is fun. It makes you feel part of what’s going on with current styles and looks. But, my advice is to always be true to yourself. Choose jewelry that speaks to you and, about you. I love natural stones, stones that reflect my love of nature. I’m not comfortable in those very “fussy” styles and so, whatever is trending needs to speak to my sense of self, before I would buy or wear it.
The art of accessorizing is all about the “art of you!” To help you find that perfect necklace to take you on into fall and beyond, I’m offering 50% off on all necklaces with code: ACCESSORIZE